Friday, August 23, 2013

Ninety-Degree Weather and a Mantis

This has been a disappointing week, in terms of biking. Heat and humidity have returned to St. Louis (hopefully, temporarily), I spent the first part of this week not feeling well enough to bike to work, and the rest of it not being able to control my schedule enough to allow me to bike to nearby meetings, or attend this month's bike events, and I am generally frustrated as a result. I am really looking forward to autumn weather...and settling into the routine. We'll see if it shows up in September, or if St. Louis offers us an Indian Summer that stretches into late October (hardly uncommon).

In the meantime, I offer you an amazing photo of a praying mantis on ferns (source, other great photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the bicycle talk begin...