Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Whispers from Beyond the Death of the iOS Blogger App


Hello, friends!

A lot has happened since my last post in October 2015. A quick timeline:
  • June 2016: Twins turned one!
  • August 2016: Learned we were expecting one more!
  • April 2017: Baby Bee arrived!
  • June 2017: My office moved from 7 miles away from home to 1.5 miles away!
  • Summer/early Fall 2017: Hotter and more humid than a dog's mouth.
  • Mid-Fall 2017: PERFECT biking weather. 
Image may contain: bicycle

I was able to sneak in a couple of rides to and from work before it was getting dark before I could get home. I found my helmet (need a new one!) lights, and get them charged, but I'm not feeling very organized about it just yet and plan to start fresh in the spring when the days are a bit longer and the temps a bit more favorable. 

The twins are now two-and-a-half, and the baby is almost 9 months old. We were gifted my brother-in-law's bike trailer (yay!) this summer, so when it warms a bit, I'd also like to take the Tinies (the twins) on our local bike trail (Grant's Trail, from Kirkwood to Mehlville). My BIL also provided us with two helmets appropriate for young children, so we're all set.

I have also been able to walk to and from work a couple of times but that also requires organization and a bit more time over my schedule than I've managed with a nursing baby. But she'll have broader food options in a few more months and with my 40th birthday(!) coming up later this year, I plan to reinstate a lot of things that have been pushed aside for high-risk pregnancy or to care for three very young people in the past 3.5 years. (How? So fast. So long. So everything.)

Goals for my 40s:
  • Ride/walk to work as often as possible
  • Start running again
  • Streamline my wardrobe and possessions
  • Capsule wardrobes 
I hope to start posting more regularly here again - I'll aim for once a week.
It's good to be back. ❤🚲

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a LOT of change. I can't even imagine trying to incorporate biking with all that going on. Anyhow, congratulations on Baby Bee, and I'm so happy for you that your job moved closer to home. That must make things easier. Looking forward to hearing from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Great to hear from you. It's been nutty, but wonderful, but great to try out a little biking again. Local bike friends have put together a Tuesday night ride and some special group rides since the twins were born, and I'm very much hoping to join some of those this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Rebecca!!! I am just thrilled to see that you’re writing here again.

    ReplyDelete

Let the bicycle talk begin...