Friday, March 21, 2014

Not yet.

The nearest dream recedes, unrealized.
The heaven we chase
Like the June bee
Before the school-boy
Invites the race;
Stoops to an easy clover
Dips--evades--teases--deploys;
Then to the royal clouds
Lifts his light pinnace


-Emily Dickinson

First, I had to look up pinnace, so let me go ahead and define that for you: "a small vessel used as a tender to larger vessels amongst other things". (Source: Wikipedia)

'Tis spring.  Finally. 
'Tis also, finally, Daylight Savings Time.
Not that it matters...

I have been sick with a terribly unrelenting upper-respiratory virus for the past 3.5 weeks. Combined with a pattern of Wednesday and Sunday ice and snow, I haven't been riding yet at all. I haven't had a day in nearly a month where I haven't encountered a terrible coughing fit that resulted in me feeling light-headed afterward. I've gone to the doctor twice; I have suffered a round of antibiotics, and progress is minimal. I'm just going to have to ride this out... pardon the pun.

In other news, we released the contract on the house we hoped to buy. It was a foreclosure, and we found the seller to be difficult to work with (putting in mildly) and the house needed far more work than we had allowed for in our budget, and honestly, after haggling with the seller for nearly two months, we lost interest. The home was placed back on the market, and immediately taken down, so I suspect someone else has it under contract. That's okay. We'll keep an eye on the market and if something else compels us, then great. Until then, I am 2 miles from a great bike trail, 2 miles from church, and six miles from work. Now if only I can kick this cold...

That said, it's gorgeous outside, and tomorrow, while significantly cooler, looks like it will be clear, so perhaps, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll attempt a ride.




2 comments:

  1. Ugh, hope you are feeling better soon! Coughing fits that lead to light-headedness sound scary, and might not mix well with biking. That said, a low-key ride and some fresh air might be just what you need. Hope you're able to make it out for a bit tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I didn't make it out on Saturday or Sunday. I continue to fight terrible congestion! I ended up taking long naps both days, with the hope of bolstering my immune system. I am feeling a bit clearer today (Monday), and hope that I've turned the corner. I do see that it's supposed to be lovely later this week, so I'm hopeful for good weather and clear lungs. I haven't had an illness kick my rump like this in a very, very long time.

    ReplyDelete

Let the bicycle talk begin...